Thursday, November 24, 2005

DREAMING IN CHARACTER

As part of the process of creating a new character for yourself try to dream as if you are that character. Meditate on this for a few minutes before going to sleep and see what happens. This is like learning a foreign language and dreaming in that language.



Here are some of the responses to the question "Have you ever dreamed you were someone else?" asked in a discussion group on BELIEFNET.COM:

"Many years ago, I had a dream that I was someone else...it has always intrigued me and I've wondered if it is a possible vision of a past life. Has anyone else dreamt of being someone other than yourself?"

"All the time. I am rarely myself in a dream. Usually it's completely made up dream-characters I identify with, sometimes I also change identification during the dream. It also happens that I dream I am a character from a movie or book, even non-human ones."



"Interesting...I have also dreamed that I was a character in a cartoon, but I was still me. The other dream was very bizarre because I knew it wasn't me physically, but I knew all the thoughts and emotions of this old woman. And I saw things through her eyes...like tunnel vision almost. Glad to know, though, that others have had similar dreams."

…etc. Check out the site for more and remember, as Willie Nelson said, "Be careful what you're dreaming…soon your dream'll be dreaming you."